Monday, March 31, 2008

Parenthood

Last Friday I met one couple during lunch time at Tesco E-Gate they are my university friends, they came back to Penang to visit the family. The husband from Penang and the wife from Indonesia but been stay at Melbourne for many years. Knew the husband during secondary time but he cannot recall and don't know who I am until we joined one society and became committee members then I mentioned to him only he recall it.

I really respect the couple especially the wife, they have two little cute childrens, one boy (3 years old)and one girl (9 months). Throughout the 3 hours time that I spend with them it is really not an easy task to take care of the kids and I look at my friend he got a lot of white hairs and he keep saying 2 kids he already headache and he jokingly asked his's wife anymore?

Both of them keep saying one thing good to stay at Malaysia was you can afford to have maid but not in Melbourne. In Melbourne you don't have maid and their house quite big so all the housework have to do it by themselves and luckily the wife is full-time housewife.

In Australia they are not allow to cane the kids, so this my friend of mine said hopefully this kind of education can work out because he said the western education cultural is very different from us because all of us sure been cane by our parent before and from his points of view we do respect and listen to our parent but the western cultural once you grow up is all by yourself to be independence and they will not stay with the parent.

I knew a lot of my friends already became parent and it is really not an easy task to teach and take care of the children in term of both financially and physically, but the love and joyfulness the children’s bring to you cannot be replace/compensate. Last time we always blame our parent for this and that but once yourself become the parent you will know how and feel it.

To all the young parent this is another life cycle that we need to go through 加油 and don't forget to love and respect our parent at the same time :)

3 comments:

Dragon said...

when is your turn to become a mother? hahaha, i'm waiting to see.

yeelee said...

see how slim is me right now, this is a prove that how my little daughter burnt out my energy.

JL said...

Dragon: you wait lah wait long long :P

Yeelee: Yes you very slim eat more but the joy and happiness YanYan bring to you cann't be compensate right?