Thursday, March 27, 2008

Walking Encyclopedia

Last week one of my best friend called me walking encyclopedia due to some questions I got from a friend of mine. This friend of mine asked me some info regarding application into UM medic course and because my best friend's husband is a doctor at UM hospital and he also studied at UM before so she became my 1st reference/victim for help.

When I received call from this friend, I actually very shocked because he long time never contact me and why suddenly he call. After the conversation with him I also felt very funny but anyway I do tried my best to help him out.

My best friend called me walking encyclopedia is correct and true, sometime I myself also felt that. Why? Not to said that I proud of myself or very expert but I seriously find that due to my work environment/experience, I do learn or gain a lot of knowledge such as business world dealing issues, shares/ fund investment, loan, taxes, property and etc compared to some of my friends.

Throughout these exposure it really help and teaches me a lot, although with these some little knowledge I cannot be like a professional or expert but I have some rough ideas and sometime when I come across it, I can share or give some opinions. Even sometime when I come across those issues that I not really sure or don't know, I always like/love to find out.

But being a walking encyclopedia also not good because some peoples will take advantages of you or some think that you are very proud of yourself and show off. I have this experience before, it happen during one of the gathering with a group of friends whom I consider close friends. I seriously cannot remember what their topics are on that night and what I have said. The following day a close friend of that group told me " Nowadays our friends all working and have money already, I knew that yours family background are different from us, so some of things that we want to experience/ enjoy may be you already experience before, so just keep quiet and let our friends say and enjoy it. I was like?????? What did I said?? I seriously cannot remember and it really made me very sad and hurt that these words came out from a friend, who I consider very close friend of mine.

1 comment:

Dragon said...

u really are. u know a lot. good for u. next time anything i will ask u. wakakaka. u will be busy then.