Monday, March 10, 2008

Friendship Part 2

In this blog I will write about one of my friend who all the while I treat her as very good and close friend, knew her since primary school, we became very close after I finished my tertiary study and back to work at Pg. I really very disappointed on her and this incident really teached me a lesson.

Last year this friend of mine according to her faced some financial problems, she put in all her saving into joint venture business with a group of her professional friends set-up a consulantcy firm, her share only small portion and due to the business just stared they faced some cash flow problems and need to pump in more cash and all her money been tied up and her personal loan application from bank been rejected. So she need some urgent cash in order for her to bank in monthly allowance to her mother. At first I am the one who offer to loan her some $$ first. Should I said that I stupid or been too kind or she smart, I really don't know? Throughout one month time I transfer money few times to her without realising the figure when I suddently realised that's too late the figure became too big as for me but may be for her only small amount because she earned S$.

After I realised the figure I do asked for advise from few of my friends and I also make up my mind stop borrow her money. Toward my surprise everytime she also said it was the last time she asked for money but on the very last time she asked made me very angry and felt that she was too much and take me for granted. Everytime she asked for money she also MSN me and asked me to bank into her account and sometime I very busy I said I cannot promised her when I can bank in for her, she at first will said ok at your's convenience but later on will sms or MSN to chase you.

The final last time she asked for money I already made up my mind to said NO so I told her I got not money left on my a/c as I just transfer my money into FD so I only left some pocket money for the month. Guess what, she dare to asked me to borrow all the money I have on my a/c to her then I straight away told her not way as I need to spend, eat and pay my monthly insurance installement. But she was too thick skin enough asked how much I can borrow her evern few hundred will do, I was like what the hell she seems like thinking I am very rich or I superwoman don't need to eat and spend and that time just beginning of the month.

During that period I happen to went there for holidays and stay at her place and from the way she spend the money I really felt that she not like that kind of person in deep financial difficulty as she still can affort to spend, enjoy the life and bought expensive goods. At first she said will return the money to me in 1-2 months time but never until I really cannot take it then asked her for the money and she straight away told me she cannot this and that drag until beginning of this year I send a sms to her told her hope that you keep your's promise return me the money as I need the moeny quite urgent only she returned me the money but still got some balance and she never mention when she will return the balance to me.

Can I still keep this friendship? I really don't know. Last time we used to call each other and have long chat, I used to told her my problems and share with her things that happen on me and on the other hand she also told me things that happen on her. From the incident until now I been avoiding her phone call and avoid meeting with her alone whenever she back to Penang, am I very bad? I very scare that she asking for money again and I don't know how to reject her and lend her again.

1 comment:

Dragon said...

sometimes, best friend is the one that will hurt u more. stop lending money to her. and please, keep chasing her to return you the rest of the money. if she really doesnt want to return, then take this a lesson. you pay for it and get to know the true person of her. i think it's worth it for now, better than in future.